Sunday, January 23, 2011

I wish life were like a musical

Okay so I have been watching far too many musicals lately. For Christmas I got my mom a box set with "Easter Parade", "Singin in the Rain", "Band Wagon", and "Meet Me in St. Louis" on it. We have also been watching "Mamma Mia", "Hairspray", and "Phantom of the Opera" lately and I have come to the realization that life would be so much better if we all randomly broke out into song. Of course I do on a daily basis but it would be nice to not be the only one.

Music is such an important part of my life. Not only did I play an instrument all through high school, but I sang in the choir and took dance class. All of which played an important part in shaping who I am today.

Where would we be without music? It is the soundtack of our lives. I can tell you that the first song I slow danced with a guy to was "Quit Playing Games with My Heart" by the Backstreet Boys. My first kiss was to "Build Me Up Buttercup" (we for some reason were obessed with that song in eight grade). There are so many moments in our lives that are dictated by music that I can not imagine a world without it.

I for one would love to break out into song when cleaning the house like all the Disney princesses seem to do. Or when life is being less than kind to sing my way out of a bad situation. Or when something amazing happens to be able to break out into a song complete with a dance number.

Maybe I am just being silly but watch a musical and you may feel the same way as me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment