Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Me

I am so excited for a new year to begin. 2010 was not as bad as other years have been but it was not stellar either. I am hoping that 2011 goes more smoothly and that I can reach some goals I have been working on. My plan is to not make a New Year's Resolution per say but to make more lifestyle changes that I can stick with.

1. To lose some more weight. I have been doing it slowly through a change in my eating habits rather than a diet. So far it has been working. Last year alone I lost 25 lbs which have stayed off. My goal this year is to lose at least 30 lbs and to exercise a bit more.

2. Keep on track with my new spending/saving habits. I have a great community of friends over on a No Buy thread on the disney boards who help to encourage me to keep on track and to be honest with my spending.

3. To try new things at least once a month. Whether it be a new food or a new experience I want to come out of my shell a bit more.

4. To keep up with my personal journal as well as this blog. So far I have written in my personal journals everyday since the end of April 2010 and want to continue doing it as it helps keep my thoughts sorted out. Plus it is cheap therapy.

5. To become more organized. I have gotten better at keeping paperwork organized now I just need to get to the rest of the house. It might be nice for a change to not have rush around at the last minute to get the house clean before comapny comes over.

6. To graduate from college with my associates degree. It has been a goal I have been working on for awhile. It seems as though whenever I get close something happens and I can't get it done.

7. To find a job. I have been looking hard for the past two years and really want to up my game. It is such a hard job market out there that I need to put myself out there more in the hopes that I will catch someone's eye.

8. To reconnect with old friends. I have reconnected with a few this past year but I would to see more of them. Friends are very important to me and I want to become close to them again.

So let's hope that I can accomplish these goals for 2011 and that you will join me on my journey to accomplish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment