Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

While we here in Ohio are not getting hit as hard some other areas of the country, we have had our fair share of snow over the past few days. And do you want to know a secret..... I love it. Yes I love snow. I love the way it glistens in the sun, I love watching the big fluffy flakes fall from the sky, I love the way it seems like the whole world stops if only for a minute. I love the fact that you can bundle up in hats, scarves, mittens, sweaters, and play in the snow no matter how old you are. I love sitting inside curled up in the big brown chair with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. To me snow is what makes winter fabulous.

I have always had this love affair with snow and my dad always blamed it on the fact that I was born during one of the worst ice/snow storms in 1985. I have always had great timing. There are pictures in my baby book of the winter wonderland that was outside my mom's hospital room window. It continued as I got older as well. I was always the first one out the door to play and the last one to come inside. I loved to sled, build forts, and have snowball fights. Snowmen were always a staple in our front yard every winter and snow angels were always scattered throughout the yard.

Of course snow and I have had our bad times to. Every great relationship has it bumps. Once I started driving snow scared the bejesus out of me. I was scared and very timid when driving on it. Of course with driving also came cleaning off cars which I despise. I once even had to cancel a birthday party because of my prescious white stuff. I was mad but in the end snow and I always seem to reconcile and my love continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment